11 Jan 2017
The FIA High Level Panel for Road Safety Advisory and Expert groups meet in Paris
Today, the steering group of the FIA High Level Panel for Road Safety, made of advisory group members and road safety experts, met in Paris at the FIA offices.
Over 30 participants attended the meeting, coming from different backgrounds: the private sector, international organisations and NGOs. The group’s discussions focussed on the HLP work plan for the year ahead. This included:
- fundraising issues and the new UN Road Safety Fund;
- a proposed agreement on vehicles safety standards;
- the establishment of regional observatories for road safety;
- cooperation with the insurance industry in Latin America;
- in-country missions of the Panel, with a focus on the ongoing mission in Myanmar;
- a new road safety campaign that the FIA is going to launch later this year, with the support of JCDecaux.
Following these discussions, the FIA High Level Panel for Road Safety will meet in Geneva on 16 January.